Job: Field Technician 5
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
ARCADIS is seeking an electrician who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical systems in an industrial research facility in Durham, NC. Successful candidate will be responsible for installing, and wiring instrumentation. Responsibility for the electrical permitting process, from beginning to end. Work on a variety of projects and be asked to perform wide range of tasks. Continually learning and developing new skill sets as the research objectives change.
Duties will include:
* Performing take-offs
* Ordering material through an internal purchasing process
* Installing new electrical systems
* Installing new control systems
* Reading schematics and engineering drawings
* Understanding, and operating within the NEC (National Electrical Code)
* Electronically Filing for electrical permits, and meeting with the inspector for final approval of all jobs.
* Installing, trouble shooting and repairing motors, pumps, compressors and generators.
* Working with other technicians that may be assisting with electrical installations.
* Performing a wide range of duties from basic house cleaning to data collection.
This position requires a good working knowledge of industrial hardware such as pumps, fans, valves.
* Basic computer skills
* Willingness to learn and perform new tasks
* Ability to work well with others
* Capable of lifting 50lbs and be comfortable with heights
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings
* Minimum years of experience: 5-7 years industrial electrical experience
* Education required: High School diploma, Technical or Trade School
* Registrations/Certifications required: Apprenticeship/
* Skills required: Running a pipe threading machine, Plumbing of pneumatic and instrumentation gas lines
* Education preferred: Electrical license
* This position does requires travel. Travel amount is 5%
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
* This position does not manage others.
ARCADIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This company does not have more jobs