Job: Adjunct Baking and Pastry Instructor (on ground)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Education Management Corporation
Browse Similar Jobs: Education - ALL
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham is a design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts post-secondary school offering Bachelor of Arts degree programs in Culinary Arts Management, Fashion Marketing & Management, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Photography, Game Art & Design, and Web Design & Interactive Media. Associate of Applied Science degree programs are offered in Culinary Arts, Fashion Marketing, Graphic Design, and Web Design & Interactive Media. Certificate programs are offered in Art of Cooking, Baking & Pastry, Digital Image Management, Fashion Retailing, and Web Design & Development. The Art Institutes have provided career-oriented education programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary for over 35 years.
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham is currently seeking adjunct faculty in Baking & Pastry for our Bachelor of Arts degree in Culinary Arts Management, Associate of Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts, and Art of Cooking Certificate.
This person will instruct and facilitate meaningful learning in the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. Provide career education through learner-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
* Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree, and an Associate degree from an accredited program. Masters degree preferred.
* American Culinary Federation credentials at the CCC, CWPC, CEPC, CEC level preferred. Candidates
* Candidates must have strong and in-depth industry experience.
* Must have references and a professional portfolio documenting current work.
* Active involvement in professional organizations.
* Previous experience in teaching at a post secondary school environment or training is highly desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
* Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
* Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills )
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
* Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
* Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
* Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual