Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant, General Ledger
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(9/13/2019 2:15 PM)
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to prepare standard and specialized financial reports (balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries into accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions. The incumbent will also establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures, analyze and review budgets and expenditures.
- Performs analysis on financial information to ensure its accuracy
- Prepares various schedules to support the financial information presented
- Prepares and posts journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Assists with annual, quarterly, or monthly closing procedures
- Reviews and posts journal entries through the system
- Responds to miscellaneous Federal/State mandatory surveys
- Completes special projects as assigned by management
- Interacts with internal and external auditors as necessary to complete audits
- Maintains knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SEC requirements, and other relevant accounting regulations
- Prepares statistical and financial reports, both on a regular and a specially-assigned basis
- Avoids penalties and interest by maintaining adherence to internal controls and policy
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA designation not required, but preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP
- 2-4 Years Relevant Experience
- Excellent communication skills and PC skills including spreadsheet and database applications
- Primarily Standard Work Arrangements
- Flexibility required
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans