Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Monitoring & Event Business Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(8/15/2019 4:23 PM)
- Client Service/Support
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to architect, design, engineer, document, and operationalize solution monitoring and event management capabilities across multiple products to meet client, financial and business objectives.
- Exercise strong decision-making capabilities in terms of selecting, implementing, and improving scalable monitoring, event management, and discovery solutions
- Provide leadership and architectural oversight to configuration management solutions and application to dynamic, diverse, and heterogenous hosted and customer managed environments including application in the other ITIL support processes
- Creates functional project scopes estimates based on current methodology and previous experience
- Initiates and leads strategic projects that support measurable financial, business and operational improvements.
- Synthesize requirements of monitored devices, solutions, and software and maps functional and non-functional requirements to monitoring and event solutions and capabilities
- Create and review functional and technical requirements, raising potential issues and participating actively in design discussions
- Work as a member of a design, build and test agile team continuously releasing new updates and capabilities
- Communicates effectively and proactively with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure information is received logically, consistently and in context with political and business climate.
- Creates ongoing continuous process improvements on behalf of the organization.
- Articulates complex business issues with clarity and purpose with excellent oral and written skills.
- Creates and obtains with efficiency, necessary data required to complete analysis in support of key initiatives.
- Actively lead a variety of educational forums to become and sustain insight and knowledge regarding projects costs, effort and delivery best practices including knowledge transfer to operational and support organizations
- Mentoring people whether or not they are on your team
- Thinks open–mindedly within alternative systems of thought, recognizing and assessing, as need be, their assumptions, implications, and practical consequences
- Raises vital questions and problems, formulating them clearly and precisely
- Incorporate lessons learned into future designs and methodologies
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in Engineering and IT fields with a focus on monitoring of infrastructure, network, and applications (ie, Solarwinds, LogicMonitor, CA, etc)
- 5+years of experience in event management solutions (ie, Netcool, Moogsoft, ServiceNow ITOM,etc) and integration of monitoring solutions with event management, correlation, and ITSM tools
- 3+years of experience in discovery solutions (ie, BMC Discovery, ServiceNow Discovery, HP Universal Discovery, etc) with integration into a CMDB
- 3+years of experience in CMDB solutions and integration with multiple sources of data (ETL, etc)
- 5+ years of experience leveraging multiple vendors with excellent collaboration and long-term enterprise strategic scope
- 3+ years of experience with LogicMonitor (preferred) or similar monitoring tools
- 3+ years of experience in TICK stack (telegraf, influxDB, chronograf, and Kapacitor) (preferred) or similar
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow ITOM including event management and discovery
- 3+ years of experience (preferred) in scripting/coding in supporting foundational knowledge in event management, monitoring, and discovery
- 3+years of ITIL framework experience
- Excellent communication skills and PC skills including spreadsheet and database applications
- Flexible but determined based on specific role. Hours of work may be adjusted to address variations in time zones.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans