Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Materials Testing Technician
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s Durham team is growing and we have opportunities for Construction Materials Testing Technicians to perform field inspections and observations for commercial construction projects and transportation related construction projects. We have opportunities for experienced technicians and construction engineering inspectors with ACI and other certifications.
- Perform soil density testing using both nuclear gauge and sand cone in accordance with ASTM and project specifications on site at commercial construction projects
- Perform sampling and testing of concrete in accordance with ASTM and project specifications
- Prepare and submit written field reports summarizing daily activities/observations and density calculations and results
- Observe proofrolls, undercut operations, perform footing inspections with dynamic cone penetrometer, and inspect rebar
- Test and work in accordance with Company safety policies
- Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Will interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management would also be a good fit for this opportunity
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 1 -5 years + Construction Materials Testing experience either on commercial projects or on transportation construction projects
- Experienced technicians must have and maintain required ACI certifications to perform appropriate inspections
- ACI Field Level I certification (concrete sampling and field testing)
- Troxler or equivalent certification
- Ability to evaluate soil subgrade prior to placement of fill and perform standard soil Proctor and moisture checks
- Ability to read and understand site grading drawings
- Other NCDOT certifications are preferred
- Physical examination required to obtain medical clearance to work
- Ability stoop, kneel and to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds
- Clean driving record and capable of being insured for driving company vehicles
- Able to work in variable outside conditions, including extreme heat or cold
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!