Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Security Technician
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity available for an Electronic Security Technician in Durham, NC.
- Performs airlock inspections and repairs
- Gate inspections and minor repairs
- Disable and enable fire system controls
- Fume hood interlock inspections and repairs
- Camera inspections and minor repairs
- Run true alarm reports via Simplex TrueSite
- Assists with sterilization equipment repairs (steam, electrical and mechanical)
- Assist certified contractor with backflow inspections
- Facilitates fire alarm and sprinkler inspections by contractor
- Electronic door strikes and closer repairs
- Card reader installation and minor repair
- Handicap door operator inspection and repairs
- Fire door inspection and minor repairs
- Rollup door inspections and minor repairs
- Bollard inspection and minor repairs such as replacing bolts
- Dock leveler inspections
- Duress station inspections and minor repairs
- Fire alarm and sprinkler inspections
- Assists Electronic Security Technician IV and Animal Equipment Specialist as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Periodically work a 12 hour shift, night, weekend, and/or holiday as necessary
- 3 years’ experience in facility maintenance or construction industry with an emphasis on electronics and electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Demonstrate proficiency in two or more trades including electrical, mechanical, steam fitting, electronics, process control and information technology
- Practical knowledge across building trades; carpentry, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and proficiency in use of basic hand and power tools
- Strong knowledge of advance troubleshooting tools including multi-meter, camera setup tools, windows based software and networking tools
- NC Fire Sprinkler Maintenance Technician License (will be required within 3 months of employment)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!