Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Geotechnical
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking to enhance your technical knowledge by working with a group of competent geotechnical professionals in the industry?
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions (Wood E&IS) is seeking dynamic candidates to join our team in our Durham, North Carolina office. Several of our professionals have 25+ years of experience and are eager to help you achieve technical excellence. Our leadership will strategize both short- and long-term career options so you remain motivated, fulfilled, and passionate about your work. Our current opportunity involves NCDOT projects; both on-call and design build, and industrial/energy related projects.
Field responsibilities may include subsurface explorations, such as logging boreholes and observing SPT/CPT testing, observation of various construction activities, such as site grading, construction of shallow/deep foundations and earth retention structures and instrumentation installation and monitoring. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors, and serve as a professional representative of Wood E&IS.
- Planning subsurface exploration and perform geotechnical analyses under the supervision of senior engineering professionals
- Position will require some travel throughout North Carolina
- Prepare geotechnical evaluation reports and discuss recommendations with senior engineering professionals
- Engage in Wood E&IS mentoring program
- Establish a career development path
Skills / Qualifications
The individual is expected to have:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering coursework (M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred)
- North Carolina state driver’s license (or immediate ability to receive one)
- 2 to 5 years of practical geotechnical engineering experience
- P.E. preferred
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of geotechnical engineering software programs (e.g., Slope/W, LPILE, A-Pile, SHAFT, and SLIDE) is preferred
- Working knowledge of geotechnical field and laboratory testing, data interpretation, and geotechnical analyses
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation and AutoCAD is required and familiarity with Open Roads is desirable
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!