Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Facility Services
- Functional Group
- Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under the direction of the General Manager/Regional Facility Mgr., the Facilities Service Manager will manage the daily maintenance activities in a warehouse. Plan and coordinate activities of refrigeration, maintenance and forklift associates. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures operations productivity by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Resolves maintenance problems.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees. Ensures work results.
- Ensures repairs of handling equipment so it is clean, safe, fully-operational and in good repair.
- Assess future repair needs of equipment and coordinates repairs.
- Direct department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive energy plan, which includes: Energy consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans, conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environment, health, safety and HR regulations/procedures along with ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and healthful manner with no adverse impact upon the environment.
- Works with General Manager to develop annual budgets
- Works with General Manager to ensure Departmental financial goals are met.
- Works with General Manager to Develop Capital Expense budgets and provide long term planning for facility and equipment improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures / Total Productive Maintenance / Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Ability to manage employees.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of maintenance associates.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
- Ability to work overtime
- Frequently works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
Tools and Technology:
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade.
- Knowledge of ISO preferred
- Prior experience in CMMS (MAXIMO, E-Maint, PeopleSoft), SAP preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Technical Degree preferred, technical training and/or equivalent years' experience acceptable in lieu of formal education.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) minimum.
- Minimum five years industrial maintenance experience and three years in a lead / supervisory / management role.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (PPT, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- RETA course completion preferred.
- HAZMAT certification preferred.
Physical Requirements of the job:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW