Arch Capital Group Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Global Treasury Operations
at Arch Capital Group Ltd
- Job ID
- Business Segment
- # of Openings
The VP, Global Treasury Operations champions key treasury and governance initiatives aimed at increasing the scalability, effectiveness, and automation across Arch Capital Group.
Working as part of a global team, the VP, Global Treasury Operations will lead Treasury Operations including the administration of Treasury Management Systems, bank platforms, daily cash management, and Treasury policies and procedures to drive Arch financial governance. They will also be responsible for the control and governance of cash management operations including handovers and touchpoints across departments, business units, and Investment Managers.
Domestic U.S. and international travel will be required on an as-needed basis.
- Identify, recommend, and implement best practice processes and procedures to optimize and integrate cash management for maximum security and efficiency including fraud prevention strategies, products, technologies, initiatives, and controls to mitigate risk of financial loss
- Responsible for contract negotiations and evaluation of services, optimization of company bank account structure and account services, management of liquidity, and best practice controls and transparency of operations
- Work with local finance and treasury teams to ensure that group subsidiaries have adequate liquidity at all times to meet operating needs while maximizing invested assets
- Implement, administer, and monitor treasury management systems including user training, regular security access reviews, and appropriate functionality
- Ensure effective segregation of duties, internal controls, and appropriate access rights in Treasury operations and security administration of online payment processing systems
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with third party service providers (banks, custodian, treasury system, etc.); perform regular due diligence on the providers to ensure financial viability and stability
- Serve as a Treasury Subject Matter Expert on group-wide initiatives and cross-functional teams for new business ventures, business process improvements, new/enhanced technology projects, and other integrations
- Maintain short and medium-term cash flow forecast process
- Provide consultation to business units on cash management opportunities, banking services, and operational improvements to enhance customer service, profitability, and efficiency
- Assess the impact of and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory mandates regarding Treasury operations; monitor current economic and market conditions and trends
- Responsible for effective business continuity planning for Treasury operations, payment disbursements, and receipt collection processing to effectively identify system and resource contingency procedures
- Manage staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment, selection, performance management, development, and recognition
- 10+ years' Large Corporate Treasury or related experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Experience of detailed system implementation and consolidation in a merger and acquisition environment
- Previous Treasury Management System experience
- Expertise in treasury operations, cash management, investment concepts, practices and methods
- Strong understanding of commercial banking services, payment systems, and regulatory oversight of services and settlement protocols
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Ability to take initiative, collaborate and lead
- Strong business acumen and ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interface with and influence internal/external contacts
- Project and vendor management skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel
- Required experience would typically be acquired through a Bachelors degree in finance or related fields; MBA preferred
- CTP, CPA, or CFA highly desirable
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis. Arch Capital Services Inc. provides support and expertise to entities across ACGL to help them operate effectively and efficiently. Arch is committed to helping its associates create what’s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.