Arch Capital Group Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Industry Technology
at Arch Capital Group Ltd
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
WORK HERE. GROW HERE. THRIVE HERE
At Arch, our goal is to provide talented people a foundation where their skills are best used. Our diversified platform means there are a variety of opportunities to deploy your skill sets.
From our point of view, a range of experience (not strictly in insurance) helps us advance a democracy of ideas that makes us a better, more thoughtful company.
We are recognized as a thought leader in the insurance industry, and we are a growing, dynamic organization that works to provide strategic solutions for our clients.
We embrace the collaboration necessary to innovate in today’s evolving marketplace; encourage participation and diversity of thought; and rely on talented, innovative individuals in all of the areas that are crucial to our success.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a learning culture - We acknowledge a responsibility to our employees to provide a culture of learning. No matter which Arch business you work for, you’ll find a supportive environment designed to help you succeed. Training is a primary goal in all of our subsidiaries, because we know how important our employees are to our success. We believe in promoting from within and are committed to cultivating leaders.
A variety of learning and development programs have been designed to help you hone your skills and talents, reach your career goals and contribute to the future success of the company. We provide coordinated classroom training, webinar training, online self-study, on-the-job learning, group project work, mentoring and networking. These programs are here to provide you with the opportunity to develop the technical and professional skills you need to expand your knowledge and grow your opportunities.
Technology is the backbone of our business and our IT teams are true solutions-driven problem solvers. From maintaining secure networks to providing analysis of individual technical implementations or coordinating the creation, design, development and continuous improvement of software applications, these positions are crucial to our success.
The VP Industry Technology builds and maintains strategic relationships with technology providers and distributors in the Insurance and Insurtech industry in order to electronically connect Arch Insurance as completely as possible within the markets and segments the company has elected to compete. The VP will oversee such relationships while partnering with the Distribution Management, IT, Operations and Legal organizations to help drive production.
Essential RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serves as primary technology contact and relationship manager for insurance industry technology providers and partners including technology driven MGAs (e.g. Insureon), wholesale brokers and retail brokers. Also interfaces with production Underwriting Systems, Quoting and Pricing Engines, Agent and Broker ecosystems, Document Management Systems, data enrichment services and other industry service providers.
- Works with other Arch organizations to proactively identify opportunities to implement API connections. Balances provider requests with overall company objectives. Proactively problem solves issues to avoid potential business disruptions.
- Develops strategic, long-term relationships and builds advocacy with key corporate executive management within providers to identify opportunities to enhance and optimize Arch’s position relative to Arch’s competition.
- Proactively position Arch Insurance as a key strategic partner with providers resulting in early adoption of vendor service offerings, co-development of functionality and operations, facilitation of new features and being an advocate of Arch internally with the provider.
- Develops a deep understanding of the interrelationship of provider processes, technologies and people, and subsequently create mutually beneficial opportunities between the provider and Arch.
- Partner with providers to develop strategies to improve provider business in the areas of operational efficiency, training, risk management, etc. Delivers and reinforces company value proposition to grow or solidify strong market position for Arch.
- Serves as primary liaison for all technology interactions and channels of the providers. Balances provider requests with overall company objectives. Proactively problem solves issues to avoid potential business disruptions.
- Ensures Arch resources are effectively utilized and working together in a consistent and cohesive manner to support all aspects of provider needs and fully realize all potential business.
- Identifies new product/program opportunities and communicates to Strategy & Distribution. Collaborates with product development staff on the evaluation, development and implementation of new technology-based products/programs.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and new developments in insurance. Must understand how changing market trends affect our customers, providers, Arch Insurance and Arch Insurance’s selling/marketing strategy.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong P&C insurance market expertise. Extensive knowledge of P&C insurance process, to include at least one of the following areas: technology, underwriting, processing, and/or claims.
- Broad and complete understanding of the how interrelationship of provider processes, technologies and people create results.
- Expertise in customer service orientation with the ability to develop and maintain long term provider satisfaction and loyalty. Ability to effectively manage multiple business contacts and their issues.
- Exceptionally credible, strategic thinker. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade and influence executive level decision makers. Expert in leveraging relationships when needed most.
- Advanced strategic decision making & problem solving abilities to determine effective resource allocation and address complex provider issues.
- Extensive knowledge of P&C insurance products, APIs, technologies and services.
- High level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point;
- High level of comfort evaluating, discussing, proposing and sharing APIs in business and technical management discussions.
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelors degree and 10-12 years experience in technology and related fields, ideally has worked in or extensively within the P&C insurance industry.
Up to 50-75% travel required.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
We acknowledge a responsibility to our employees to provide a culture of learning. No matter which Arch business you work for, you’ll find a supportive environment designed to help you succeed. Training is a primary goal in all of our subsidiaries, because we know how important our employees are to our success. We believe in promoting from within and are committed to cultivating leaders.