Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tolls Business Analyst
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Raleigh, NC team as a Tolls Business Analyst.
MAJOR FUNCTION / ROLE
Under supervision, applies financial, accounting and business operations knowledge to the investigation of transportation financial planning and operational needs and problems, coordination of Toll project activities, and the preparation of financial reports and documentation.
Carries out job functions within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of toll professionals and supports direct interaction with clients within the context of project meetings, financial reviews, operations-related activities, and project production and delivery. Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal and graphical deliverables in the form of financial concepts and reports, progress reports and other related documentation.
- Applies general financial planning and operational principles to solve specific toll-related problems.
- Assists in the design and development of toll financial concepts and analyses, including requirements analysis, and supports development and communication of concepts.
- Researches feasibility of alternative approaches to cost analyses for toll road operations. Writes reports, participates in presentations, discusses concepts and deliverables with clients, and participates in quality-control checks.
- Supports and coordinates the development of toll operations budgets.
- Prepares analyses of valid transactions as needed to reconcile payment to vendor.
- Coordinates and manages forecasting and project budget tracking.
- Inputs and manages cost data; conducts reconciliation of cost data to budget reports on a regular schedule; vendors and budget accounts, as needed.
- Provide information needed to update dashboards and monthly reports.
- Reconciles toll road financial data from multiple Toll System Integrators with the Back Office System and contract documents.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation for billing and project analyses.
- Compiles data and prepares Reconciliation Reports.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Business, Information Technology or another subject related to Toll Revenue Collection Business Operations / Systems (incl. Back Office and/or Customer Service Center), such as Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering. Toll-related Master's degree/MBA can substitute for one year of experience.
- Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a program directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master's degree. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to toll revenue collection operations, including toll collection systems and sub-systems, electronic payment, or information and communication technologies.
- Without a degree, a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience is required
- Position requires strong analytical ability, good communication/interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and technical accounting skills.
- Strong personal computer skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access, are required.
- SQL skills are preferred.
- Position requires ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to interact effectively.
- Ability to perform financial calculations, understand contract invoicing requirements and organize information is required.
- Experience tracking/analyzing budgets is preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.