Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Position : Network Engineer
Job Location : Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Type : Contract
Duration : 12 months
Pay Rate : $28 per hour on W2
MUST have CCNA and at least 1-2 years IT experience
- This position is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and documentation of complex data network solutions.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching technologies.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who exceeds with little supervision.
- Plan, design, test, and implement enterprise network solutions.
- Configuration, testing, and implementation of Cisco network devices.
- Design Duke Energy specific power equipment for installation.
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network devices and power equipment.
- Prepare engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, configurations, etc.
- Ability to maintain IPAM and DNS as required.
- Maintain familiarity with job related networking technologies and associated facilities.
- Support the migration and turn-up of both private and public WAN circuits to a new architecture.
- Ability to assist and support field staff remotely to implement Network changes.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum of one-two years of experience in Information Technology with at least one-two years of design and support of Cisco Systems products.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and terminal emulation.
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Ability to take direction and follow documented standards and procedures.
- Effective verbal & written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
- Four-year technical degree.
- Experience with designing communications solutions for SCADA systems.
- Cisco Certifications CCNA, CCDA desired. CCNP, CCDP, CCIE preferred.
- Experience with network hardware/software solutions: Cisco routers and switches, Cisco ACS, Cisco CUCM, and Cisco DMVPN technology.
- Experience in the following technology areas: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Layer 3 Switching, OSPF, HSRP, IPSEC, SSL, AAA, SNMP QOS/class of services, VoIP, Incident Response, and Network Management Practices.
- Experience with Siemens RuggedCom routers and switches.
- Experience with Gen.IT configuration tools