AW North Carolina (AWNC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AW North Carolina (AWNC)
- 16-Sep-2019 to 15-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Durham, NC, USA
- Full Time
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the community and the environment.
AWNC is a $1.1billion Tier 1 automotive manufacturer of automatic transmissions and components for Toyota Motor Company. AWNC's corporate office and primary manufacturing facility (1 million sq. ft.) is located in Durham, NC, and home to more than 2000 Team Members dedicated to quality supremacy. At AWNC, we are proud of what we do because we are proud of our products, our team members, our customers, and our community.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for providing electrical and mechanical support to AW North Carolina's facilities. He/she will troubleshoot and maintain the equipment within the facility as well as the surrounding outdoor areas.
- Address industrial electrical issues - including changing light bulbs, working with 208 volt, 277 volt, 480 volt 3 phase, and 120 volt single phase equipment.
- Install/repair industrial piping systems and replace pumps and motors
- Record maintenance and repair activities in a computer based maintenance management system Complete utility check sheets and any other necessary documentation
- Support the facilities waste water treatment system
- Monitor the operating status of the facilities air compressors
- Perform plumbing repairs such as clearing out clogged fixtures and drains
- Carry out the cleaning pumps in the sump pumps system
- Participate in and support all facility renovation projects
- Repair manual doors through the replacing of hinges, locks, and closers
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in Electrical or Industrial Maintenance (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of experience in industrial facilities maintenance
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to work on electrical equipment ' 480/230v 3ph, 110&24 vdc controls, prints and schematics
- General knowledge of machines, tools, measurement instruments, maintenance and repair.
- Ability to repair machines or systems using the required tools.
- Possess strong troubleshooting abilities
- Capability to start , operate, and shut down waste water system
- Ability to safely operate industrial moving equipment such as scissor lift, fork lift and other equipment
- Understanding and knowledge of the following systems and equipment: ATF Supply System, Crane Systems, Fluid Coolers, Air Compressors
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Team Member Benefits
AWNC offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes: Major Medical Insurance Options, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, Matching 401k Plan, Paid Holidays/Vacation.