AW North Carolina (AWNC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AW North Carolina (AWNC)
- 07-Aug-2019 to 06-Oct-2019 (EST)
- PC - Prod Mgmt
- Durham, NC, USA
- Full Time
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the community and the environment.
AWNC is a $1.1billion Tier 1 automotive manufacturer of automatic transmissions and components for Toyota Motor Company. AWNC's corporate office and primary manufacturing facility (1 million sq. ft.) is located in Durham, NC, and home to more than 2000 Team Members dedicated to quality supremacy. At AWNC, we are proud of what we do because we are proud of our products, our team members, our customers, and our community.
Provide administrative and project support to the Production Control organization. Coordinate a cross functional approach to implementing the actions required to manufacture new products based on change management. Assist with coordinating, implementing and scheduling processes related to Engineer Change Instructions and process change, ensuring the required documentation is maintained.
- Issue and manage Engineer Change Instructions (ECI) throughout the company
- Maintain and update all bill of materials and parts numbers in our system
- Assist in the development of our overall master schedule
- Coordinate with the Planning Department to record change-over timing
- Contribute to the development of targets and milestones
- Organize ECI kickoff and status meetings
- Document meeting notes and action items during gatherings
- Facilitate communication between all departments within the company
- Manage ongoing projects to ensure targets are being met
- Provide daily status reports during staff meetings
- Utilize Kaizen events in conjunction with the document control department to improve the management process
- Use SharePoint to document procedures
- Provide support with other projects as needed
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment coordinating projects, or providing manufacturing/ engineering support, or a Bachelor's degree and (3yrs) or an Associate and (5yrs)
- Experience with clearly presenting complex information to all levels of an organization
- Good understanding of business acumen, manufacturing processes, and lean manufacturing models
- Ability to follow-up and control project schedules to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PP)
- Experience in an Automotive Manufacturer
- Experience with lean manufacturing or six sigma methodologies
- Experience with Project Management or as a Program Leader
Team Member Benefits
AWNC offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes: Major Medical Insurance Options, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, Matching 401k Plan, Paid Holidays/Vacation.