Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial | Operations Analyst
- Durham, NC, USA
- Full Time
The Financial Analyst is responsible for creating financial models for operational and financial analysis. He or she will work as liaison in a cross functional role working with finance, business development (BD), and operations, to provide data and insights to support the FP&A group.
- Work closely with project managers to obtain information related to revenue recognition, resource scheduling, and margin analysis.
- Create financial models from data sets for operational and financial analysis for executive review
- Provide recommendations for operational and financial improvements through development of fluctuation analysis, KPI, metrics and trend analysis.
- Partner with operations teams to understand scheduling and visibility in forecasting demand and capacity to support informed resource planning decisions.
- Build dashboards for executives to provide quick and high-level insights, by combining data from multiple sources into excel or our business intelligence platform (Adaptive Insights)
- Perform Ad hoc analysis including special projects like margin analysis, pricing analysis, various trend and segment analysis.
- Other duties as needed
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance business administration, or related field
- Prefer at least one (1) years experience working in an analytical support role, preferably in a biotech, pharmaceutical, CRO/CMO, or service-based organization.
- Knowledge and interest in analytical software packages such as Power BI, Tableau, or QlikView, but preferable to have experience with Adaptive Insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel including complex financial modelling using advanced formulas
- Strong knowledge of accounting/financial principles and best practices, especially revenue forecasting and revenue recognition
- Good business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and works well in team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and respond to rapidly shifting priorities
- Excellent analytical and reasoning abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment
Master's degree in business administration (MBA) or related field of study
- Primarily office
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- Ability to work in an upright and/or stationary position for up to eight (8) hours per day
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate office equipment
- Frequent mobility needed
- Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moving) objects, including office supplies and laptop computer, with a maximum lift of 20 pounds
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals; requires multiple periods of intense concentration
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
- Ability to perform under stress and multi-task
- Regular and consistent attendance
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours as published in the BioAgilytix Employee Handbook
- Occasional weekend, holiday, and evening work required