Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Landscape Maintenance Production Manager (Durham)
at Bland Landscaping
The Production Manager is a hands-on position managing field supervisors and crews performing commercial landscape maintenance services. The main focus of this role is to manage safety, quality, and job hours as it pertains to the contracted scope. The Production Manager will promote teamwork within the company.
Responsibilities - Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Management and Accounting:
- Provide hour and material budgets for all crews as a guide for production
- Monitor the integrity of information provided to accounting system (timesheets and work orders)
- Monitor equipment inventory and insure equipment is properly serviced
- Keep informed of new practices in green industry
- Keep informed of new or potential sales
- Facilities lock up.
- Utilize BOSS LM for scheduling and tracking job issues
Customer Service and Sales:
- Maintain excellent on site relations and communications with clients, contractors and/or subcontractors as needed
- Encourage multiple sales from current clients
- Communicate daily with Account Management staff on jobsite progress and issues
- Assist in identifying enhancement opportunities on jobsites
- Supervise and train maintenance field supervisors and crews on all aspects of landscape maintenance services
- Conduct a site inspection on each job no less than every two weeks
- Monitor and maintain irrigation controller including coordination of repairs
- Review equipment needs and maintenance schedules with Operations Manager
- Perform and/or participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Insure the safe operation of all maintenance equipment
- Safely drive company owned vehicles
- Work with other Production Managers to insure a consistent product
- Work with other managers on work schedules including seasonal work needs
- Work with other departments and personnel when needed
- Help with snow removal in the winter months
- Ability to meet seasonal deadlines set by the Operations Manager
- Ensure crews are equipped and informed in order to provide the safest, highest quality work in an efficient manner
- Promote proper horticulture by training of field supervisors and labor.
- Work closely with HR Manager to promote and enforce all Human Resource Procedures
- Interview, hire, orient, and train all new hires
- Participate in intern training
- Continually provide ongoing training to field supervisors to meet company growth, needs, etc.
- Document absences, tardiness and other disciplinary actions
- Conduct Performance Reviews on field supervisors and staff
- Enforce company policies
- Minimum 2 year college degree preferred
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must have NC Pesticide applicators license, or the ability to obtain one
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Must comply with Bland Landscaping’s policies and procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Wear work boots, Bland Landscaping uniforms, and present yourself in a clean and professional manner
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must wear provided company PPE
- Must practice safety at all times
- Must pass a criminal background check and maintain a clean criminal record
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Commercial Grounds Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Search words: Production, Landscape, Maintenance, Manager, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill