Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Actuarial Analyst I
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Under direct guidance and supervision, applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and principles of business in order to provide assistance and technical support for rating/pricing, valuation, healthcare economics, and/or financial forecasting. Works with a team of actuaries to assist with the actuarial components of health programs. Provides actuarial support to Network Management, Underwriting, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and/or Healthcare.
- Analyzes financial, statistical and mathematical data and performs actuarial calculations.
- May assist in the determination of pricing, reserves and/or cash flow projections.
- Assists in performing rate studies used in determining rate adequacy.
- Assists in actuarial research, experience studies, and statistical analyses and calculations.
- Provides support to senior analysts or actuaries as required.
- Retrieves and validates data for rate filings and actuarial models. Assists senior staff in the building of model enhancements and determines reasons for changes to calculated factors.
- Distributes established reports and responds to inquiries.
- Investigates trends and anomalies.
- Supports Enterprise Risk Management.
- Provides analytic support for corporate and departmental projects.
- Is a participant in good standing in the Actuarial Development Program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Has completed one actuarial exam or is on track to do so.
- The incumbent is in the actuarial student program and is committed to completing the Society of Actuaries education system courses necessary to attain the ASA designation.
- A degree in actuarial science, mathematics, economics, accounting or other relevant field is preferred.
- One year work experience.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good communication skills
- Exposure to Microsoft Excel and Word, Visual Basic, exposure to data retrieval software
- Strong desire to attain their FSA
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.