Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Citrix & Packaging Design Engineer Associate
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
We are building a new Infrastructure organization and want you to join our already skilled team of experts. We want you to bring your passion for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture.
You’ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team. As a member of the team you will provide assistance in the engineering of various aspects of Citrix, physical, virtual, and cloud hosted solutions. We will look for you to contribute to the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design Citrix systems, and published applications while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. The expectation is for you to maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed. You will be expected to use your interpersonal skills to partner with other engineering staff to identify and plan requirements, designs, and conduct impact analysis. Provide escalation support as needed.
We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take pride in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Assist with the planning and development of engineering designs in support of the implementation of Citrix
- Application packaging, and publishing for Citrix, VDI and physical desktop environments
- Perform Citrix & server health checks
- Manage Citrix farms and Servers, conduct upgrades & maintenance as necessary
- Automate administrative & operational Citrix tasks
- Develop and maintain Citrix related standards, policies, and procedures
- Support for escalated incidents, and requests
- Create, and configure Group Policies for the Citrix environment
- Build knowledge, and stay apprised in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
- Assist with software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain the environment.
- Support IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by Citrix
- Contribute to infrastructure design of internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Support operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Participate in incidents escalation support when required.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
- Support work with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of systems engineering experience is required. Experience can be gained as a combination of coursework, internships and/or direct work experience.
- In lieu of degree, 3 years of systems engineering experience.
- Knowledge in Citrix, Server 2016, and PowerShell
- Experience in Active Directory, VMware, VDI, and multiple technical specialties preferred.
- Experience with project/initiative coordination is preferred.
- An understanding of concepts of multi tenancy and/or technologies to be delivered “as a service” is preferred.
- Knowledge in automation of tasks associated with technical specialties is a plus.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows preferred.
- Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
- Data collection, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Debugging skills
- Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively handling change.
- Relevant technical certification preferred.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.