Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
This is your chance to radically change the game and use your technical skills to transform healthcare. You'll be a trusted member of an agile, high energy and innovative team responsible for the design, development, testing and support of our on premise and cloud based software, system and/or information solutions.
- Support the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied IT solutions
- Collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand business problems and opportunities and execute all assignments with limited supervision.
- Provide input into solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of relevant technical certification program.
- 3 years development experience.
- With no degree, 5 years of experience required.
- Experience applying CI/CD concepts to Microsoft stack based applications. (NuGet, Web ASPX, Windows Scripting, PowerShell scripting)
- Direct experience with at least one development language/technology (i.e. JAVA, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, .Net, OpenShift, etc).
- Experience creating a continuous delivery pipeline and automating the release management for software applications.
- Proven experience working with Kubernetes container tools (OpenShift, Docker)
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is also a plus.
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Proven experience of software-automation production systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Expertise in code deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef).
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Solid relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Solid problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Effective verbal or written communication skills
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies with a willingness to learn.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.