Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Financial Reporting Risk Management
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
This position is responsible for leading all internal audit and consulting activity within designated specialty areas for the company. Responsible for preparing and implementing a financial, business process, and compliance/regulatory risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key operational and financial activities and internal controls, as well as compliance with laws and regulations.
We are looking for a fearless leader to join our Finance team. At Blue Cross NC we care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our employees and customers. You will lead and direct the Financial Reporting Risk Management function that supports the Company’s compliance with the NAIC Model Audit Rule.
Do you have a background in setting strategies for people, process, and technology? You will tap into that experience to provide a stabilized process for identifying, assessing, and monitoring internal controls to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements. We need you to consult with and train business owners on financial risks and the internal controls that mitigate those risks. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to coach and develop your team so that they are able to work with business leaders and their internal controls.
What you will do:
- Evaluate, consolidate, and report on internal control testing results
- Work with company officers to identify, evaluate and raise issues that conflict with Blue Cross NC’s FRRM Policy. Demonstrate managerial courage when addressing difficult situations with leaders.
- Develop and present annual attestation report to senior leadership and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors as well as submission of formal report to the department of insurance.
- Partner closely with business owners and project teams to assist in the development, assessment, and maintenance of the internal control environment.
- Identify specific internal controls training needs for the company and develop and/or recommend solutions to address training needs.
- Assist management in growing awareness, building an understanding and becoming more effective and self-sufficient at handling risks.
- Collaborate with external and internal audit as needed to provide insight into the financial controls of the company.
What you will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or information systems
- 10 years’ experience in auditing, with 5 of those in developing, assessing or performing control self-assessments, compliance testing benchmarking and/or operational, financial and/or IT audits
- 5 years leadership/managerial experience
- Shown ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor required.
Would be nice if you have:
- Public accounting experience
- Validated ability to recruit, retain and develop hardworking employees
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to dedicatedly identify and resolve issues and opportunities
Blue Cross North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health program
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.