Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Healthcare Strategy
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Manage and lead the design of new value-based initiatives, programs, and contractual arrangements through assessments of market dynamics, quantitative analyses, and policy implications. Advance the corporate strategy to improve value, quality, and access for members and by developing and executing new healthcare strategies for payment and care delivery.
- Manage team that identifies, evaluates and designs new provider partnerships to include performance management and incentive programs.
- Lead team that conducts capability assessments and identifies target providers to move forward in value-based relationships.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams of internal experts throughout the exploration, evaluation, and design of the partnership process.
- Proactively identify and the lead the development of new quality initiatives and innovative partnerships that reduce the cost and improve the quality delivered to customers. Manage the amendment of initiatives and contracts to improve outcomes.
- Serve as mentor and coach to team regarding various skills and approaches that directly contribute to staff growth.
- Lead the consolidation of research, authorship of key findings, and communication of progress to key divisions across the organization.
- Responsible for leading multiple initiatives, developing business proposals, business cases, refining initiative scope, developing time frames, and tracking value delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of experience in the healthcare industry with responsibility for provider payment policy, strategic/business development, strategic planning, market or product development or healthcare operations.
- Direct experience leading and implementing complex business and contractual issues as well as serving as principal liaison to senior business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors.
- Significant negotiation and/or consultation experience required.
- Prior experience managing people or complex projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Health Sciences or Related field preferred.
- Experience in healthcare finance and development of expense management programs highly desired
- Masters preferred ~ MBA, MHA or other
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with the ability to manage goals through collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to create and communicate complex business cases as well as design and implement development programs.
- Deep health industry and provider knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to innovate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and coordinate multiple stakeholders’ interests
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.