Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Salesforce Developer
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
We are looking for a Principal Salesforce Developer to join our already skilled team of experts. We want you bring your passion for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture. You’ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team.
As a member of the Salesforce team you will be responsible for crafting, implementing, testing and deploying solutions. We will look for you to apply different technologies and use your creativity to accomplish your goals. This position is customer- facing and will enable you to communicate with different leaders throughout the organization.
You will have the ability to acquire and improve some of the fastest-growing, most in-demand skills out there. From high-level Salesforce development and integration skills to customization of the platform to meet organization needs.
We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take pride in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Recent experience with Web Services (REST & SOAP) -SQL, SOQL databases.
- Experience leading projects
- Perform release migration tasks and environment setup/management.
- Help with triage and fixing of defects for the planned releases and production moves.
- Perform advanced Salesforce administration (Sandboxes management, Salesforce release and patches, User management, workflow and approval rules, Permission Sets etc.)
- Translate functional requirements into technical design and develop robust solutions for each planned release.
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of the technical design
- Participating in design sessions, debugging and support for applications and associated integrations within the Salesforce.com platform at Blue Cross.
- Contribute to overall code quality by performing design and code reviews for fellow developers.
- Continuous improvement of development processes for the Force.com platform using industry-standard and emerging practices like Agile, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other team members (immediate team as well as cross-functional teams)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other relevant technical field OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of a relevant technical certification program.
- 7 years development experience.
- With no degree, 10 years of experience required.
- Experience on any popular UI frameworks like JQuery Mobile, node.js or Angular.js is preferred but not mandatory for right candidate.
- Demonstrable experience managing projects and collaborating effectively with vendors and business partners for solution delivery.
- Proven leadership skills required
- Experience crafting and developing integrations, APIs and services based on business requirements.
- Prior Salesforce and Force.com
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices (sprint planning and assessment)
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.