Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
We are looking for IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Risk Advisor to join our already skilled team of experts. You’ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative IT Governance Risk and Compliance team. We want people who have a real passion for what they do and will apply it to our high-performance culture.
As a member of the team you will assists with the day-to-day activities of various IT Security risk management and assessments in accordance with business needs and Enterprise goals.
You can take pride in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Assists with the identification and assessment of Security or Third-Party risks to the organization, including strategic, operational, technology, security and/or key initiative risks.
- Provides support to business owners and project teams to increase awareness and understanding of risks and assist in the development, assessment and monitoring of mitigation plans for Security risks, to ensure they are managed to an acceptable level. Identifies, evaluates and escalates issues that conflict with BCBSNC’s risk tolerance.
- Provides assistance on consulting projects, business process redesigns, and other initiatives to ensure risks are considered and addressed appropriately.
- Identifies and evaluates process risks with business areas based on an assessment of the control environment. Works with business areas to enhance controls or develop action plans to address risks.
- Works with business areas and process owners to ensure that risk related documentation is clear and accurate and develops processes and procedures to ensure documentation is properly maintained in accordance with company policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides assistance in developing and implementing plans and guidance (which may include formal and informal training) to increase awareness about Information Security Risk.
- Assists with the creation and distribution of periodic communications on relevant risk management matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or other relevant field and a minimum of 3 years auditing, risk management; OR
- Master’s degree and 1 year of experience as stated above.
- Experience in at least one specialty area of risk management (i.e. enterprise risk management, security risk management)
- Understanding of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM)
- Familiarity with vendor contract terms and conditions
- Knowledge of internal control concepts and business/financial/IT processes.
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Ability to effectively develop strong business partnerships.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Solid presentation skills including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project).
- Certification relevant to specialty area is preferred (i.e. risk management, IT security).
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.