Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analytics Consultant
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Analytics Consultant to join our Data & Analytics team.
Our employees say working in Data and Analytics at Blue Cross NC is different. You'll have the chance to create the insights today that will transform health care tomorrow. You’ll also build solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives.
You will serve as the primary relationship manager between the various business stakeholders and the Data and Analytics (DNA) organization.
You will work collaboratively with data engineers, data scientists and other stakeholders to define and cultivate high-quality results from data.
- Serve as a relationship manager for the business and ensure appropriate support from DNA organization
- Bridge the technical expertise of data engineers and data scientists with advanced operational acumen and/or domain expertise
- Lead discussions around business gaps and analytics opportunities to provide data to enable data-driven decision making
- Identify and prioritize analytic solutions that solve business problems and create the highest business value
- Lead the definition of operational reports, decision support tools, KPIs, dashboards, and analytic models that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making
- Articulate analytics proposition to business stakeholders and collaborate to identify use case opportunities
- Support advanced analytics use case project teams to prioritize and deliver analytics tools/products
- Provide effective project management to large advanced projects, develop project plans, set priorities for working teams and create presentations for varied audiences
- Lead communication of analytics outputs with leadership/business stakeholders and collect inputs to verify and iterate analytics results
- Translate analytics-derived insights into understandable and adoptable recommendations
- Consolidate and standardize data analysis and reporting for relevant business operations
- Facilitate change management work to support analytics-based business and process improvements
- Generate and review cost benefit analysis of Analytics services
- Break down scope of work into detailed business specifications, including detailed data requirements, analysis techniques, modeling parameters and quality check metrics
- Conduct thorough quality assurance process and engages relevant team members to ensure high quality analysis and valid insights are derived
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of project management, operations management and/or business analysis experience with a data focus and broad exposure to applicable segments
- If no degree, 7 years of experience as stated above
- Demonstrated experience deriving business insights from data and applying those insights to improve business processes or positively affect decision making.
- Demonstrated experience documenting requirements and managing high quality delivery.
- Experience with business intelligence and advanced analytic tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, and Tableau
- Healthcare experience
- Strong consultative and facilitative leadership skills.
- MBA, MHA or MPH or equivalent
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving and analytic skills
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.