Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Consultant
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Consultant to join our Data & Analytics team. You will be responsible for working with business units and DnA teams to effectively manage data and data sources. As a Senior Data Consultant you will enable the optimization of data for analytic consumption & solution development through business and stakeholder partnerships.
- Work with DnA verticals to identify data sets and data gaps
- Work with IT to fill data gaps and ensure needed data is loaded to the analytics platform
- Assess the value of new datasets and provide recommendations
- Work closely with governance to ensure that data is current and that current data is being used for our DnA products
- Work with architecture to stay informed on the changing landscape of our data architecture so they can consult with the business on data assets
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Help refine data requirements for DnA projects and consult on EI projects
- Identify data needs and specify requirements of business, BI, and use case teams (e.g., sets data definition and quality standards, identifies new data or features needed)
- Improves the data availability by acting as a liaison between analytics, IT, and business teams
- Advise business and D&A teams on data assets
- Analyze new data sources for integration (structured and unstructured) from various sources
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in advanced data analysis/management Data & Analytics and/or IT Consulting with most focus in the area of data management or data quality assurance
- If no degree, 7 years of experience as stated above
- Working knowledge of: ETL technology, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, R
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients and leading engagements
- Demonstrated experience documenting requirements and managing high quality delivery.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Ability to work in an agile organizational culture
- Strong consultative and facilitative leadership skills.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of independence and minimal direction
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving and analytic skills
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.