Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial & Operational Auditor
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
The Senior Financial & Operational (F&O) Auditor position is part of the F&O Audit team and reports directly into the Audit Director. This role requires coordination/collaboration among other Audit department teams, including IT Audit, Performance Assessment, Data Analytics, Senior Market Audit, and Professional Practices in the planning and execution of audits, consults, and other special projects. Engagements may be in a team or independent format, as determined by leadership. On occasion, the Sr F&O Auditor will serve as the “in-charge” auditor, providing direction to more junior staff. The Senior F&O Auditor will also interact directly with business area leadership and their management teams. Responsibilities for the Senior F&O Auditor position include assisting in the continuous risk assessment process used to develop the Audit Department’s flexible audit plan and performing assigned audit and consulting engagements/projects in compliance with the Audit Charter, Audit Policies, Internal Audit Manual, and job aids.
- Document systems, processes, risks and controls using narratives and/or flowcharts as necessary.
- Design a risk-based audit program for audits that identifies and assesses operational, financial, fraud, and compliance risks within the in-scope process(es), internal controls that mitigate those risks, and test procedures.
- Execute all aspects of the audit program during fieldwork.
- Utilize data analytics as much as possible during both the risk assessment process and completion of the audit program.
- Identify errors and control deficiencies. Understand and communicate the downstream impact of control deficiencies on the business/organization.
- Identify and recommend cost savings and improvement opportunities.
- Provide status updates throughout the audit and present audit findings and recommendations to management. Communicate audit results in both a written audit report and oral presentation, as appropriate.
- Conduct follow-up of action items to ensure effective and appropriate closure of all significant audit recommendations.
- Maintain technical proficiency and professional certification(s). This includes the performance of benchmarking and research with external companies, professional societies and academia to derive best practices.
- Assist in designing a Statement of Work to summarize the scope of work, the consulting approach and deliverables, roles and responsibilities of stakeholder(s), timeline, and team to serve. Seek agreement from the business stakeholder(s) on the Statement of Work. Execute the consult in accordance with the Statement of Work in a collaborative manner with the business owner client and maintain evidence in compliance with the Internal Audit Manual and job aids.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an internal or external auditor. Experience should include assessing the design of financial reporting processes and performing testing over internal controls over financial reporting.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor designation required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, interpersonal (listening, facilitation, interviewing), analytical, project management and consulting skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of information technology processes and controls plus strong PC skills in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AutoAudit.
- Experience in healthcare, health insurance, and/or highly regulated business environments.
- Leadership and management skills needed to coach, direct, and coordinate with various audit team members.
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Management Accountant.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.