Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Program Manager - Healthcare
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
We’re on a mission to transform health care to become more affordable and more efficient. Our move to value-based care is aggressive, and we need someone who is ready to join a team of passionate people who care deeply about ensuring our members receive the highest possible quality of care at the lowest possible cost.
Our team is growing quickly, and we need a pool of strong candidates who have the right skills but also fit our culture. We will have multiple roles opening later this summer, including this position, and Talent Advisors will be reaching out to qualified candidates as soon as we are ready to start interviewing.
In this role, we need a health care professional who can manage, plan, design, and develop multiple/and or large complex programs. The Senior Program Manager also would be responsible for all aspects of program management including strategic planning, needs analysis, content development, data analysis, vendor selection and management and contract management.
- Plan, develop, implement and manage multiple/and or large complex programs on an enterprise level. Coordinate interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; work with program/project team members on a regular basis to review deliverables and ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop program strategy and supporting business case. Lead/direct the development of the strategic approach for the program, its major time frames and a definition of its major deliverables to address needed goals and outcomes.
- Lead the program management team in establishing program direction, identifying interdependencies, communicating program requirements, tracking progress, making decisions, and resolving conflicts and issues.
- Confer with team to explain program/project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of programs/projects. Responsible for effective assignment and use of staff, contractors and consultants to maximize the application of their capabilities and their contribution value for cost to the program. Manage and change assignments in the program within agreed upon decision-making authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of programs.
- Establish and monitor performance metrics and goals for programs, including process measures, outcomes measures and financial measures. Document and present program results through operational reports, outcomes studies, presentations and publications.
- Monitor all program project executions, progress to plan and production of major deliverables, intervening when necessary to review the current state and direct adjustments to plans and execution.
- Develop and manage budgets to control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations, together with the conformance to timing, limits and usage of funding as agreed upon in the spending plan for the assigned program(s).
- Ensure that programs meet appropriate regulatory and accreditation standards. Ensure that the program fully cooperates with the organizational governance functions and provides oversight for the definition and exercise of regular iteration and reporting required by organizational governance policies.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate, administer and monitor program contracts to ensure vendors meet service level agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of program or project management experience in the area of program specialization.
- In lieu of degree, 9 years of experience as stated above.
- Strategic visioning and planning skills to align program goals and benefits with the long-term goals of the organization.
- Leadership skills are needed for managing program teams throughout the program life cycle.
- Excellent time management skills to keep goals and objectives of program on schedule.
- Superior communication and collaboration skills to deal with various stakeholders, team members, sponsors, managing directors, customers, vendors, senior management, and providers.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to effectively manage the resources of the program (financial, vendors, processes, projects).
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the area of programs managed.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.