Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Strategic Advisor, Brand Strategy
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Improve the health and well-being of our customers and communities.
That's the mission of Blue Cross NC. We are looking for a builder of relationships, user of data, and influencer of people to join our Brand team as we look to transform the healthcare industry. We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. We need someone that is phenomenal working with all levels across the company, understands the power of a strong brand, and will evangelize what brand truly is and how it can help achieve our goals.
As a senior member of the Brand Strategy team, you will set the long term strategy for our overarching brand advertising efforts, lead research to determine, understand and drive brand perceptions and drivers, act as a change agent to drive brand understanding and advocacy across the enterprise, champion consistent delivery of our brand positioning through strategic pillar work and utilize data to drive decision making.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference then you are the person for this team.
· Lead the annual brand strategy planning process by identifying business opportunities, evaluating key audiences, competitive and industry forces to drive marketing activation and ultimately result in increased brand strength
· Manage complex projects and cross-functional teams working on significant business strategies and opportunities
Organize, optimize and communicate progress towards the completion of overall work portfolio
· Facilitate communication of strategy and present information to both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including senior-level leadership
Research and Insights
· Lead and manage the brand perception tracking study
· Leverage customer and consumer insights to develop holistic strategies, programs and plans that effectively drive business outcomes and maximize ROI (segmentation, communication preferences, messaging strategy and measurement plans/learings).
· Work with research partners to implement study end to end, including vendor procurement, contracting, vendor management, study design, methodology, hypotheses creation and research optimization
· Facilitate communication of results and present information to internal stakeholders at all levels, including senior-level leadership
· Identify additional areas of opportunity to close gaps and optimize strategy through testing and research
· Be the SME and champion of consumer segmentation working with internal and external partners to identify opportunities for improvement, understanding and utilization
· Identify, analyze and monitor relevant industry, regulatory, technology and market-based trends
Data and Analytics
· Proactively identify, evaluate and work with our data and analytics team to support the development of predictive models, dashboards and consumer insight data and evaluation
· Facilitate the optimization of the strategy by leveraging performance metrics and building a correlation between attitudinal and behavioral metrics
Internal Influence & Adoption
· Illuminate the brand potential and strategy to inspire internal stakeholders to drive support and acceleration of our brand
· Work consultatively with marketing and advertising counterparts to influence and encourage the utilization of the brand strategy
Qualities we love:
· The ability to manage goals and deadlines through collaboration and teamwork.
· Ability to build and communicate business cases, presentations, communications as well as design and implement development programs.
· Ability to think creatively and strategically as well as execute on the strategic plan while balancing difficult and complex issues
· Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present information effectively to varied audiences.
· Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively prioritize
· The ability to mentor more junior staff as needed to facilitate execution of assigned strategic initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years experience in brand management, strategic/business development, strategic planning, marketing strategy or product development.
· OR Master’s degree with at least 4 years experience as stated above.
· Candidate must have significant background and experience in brand management marketing, product development, market engagement plan development and /or marketing communications strategy/planning, as determined by the specific business area’s needs.
· Direct experience serving as a liaison to business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors
· Negotiation and/or consultative experience required.
· Experience managing and delivering programs, projects and work efforts in a portfolio-based environment
· Master’s degree preferred, particularly in Business or Health Administration.
· Previous work experience in health insurance or health care industry with multi-faceted knowledge of healthcare delivery systems is strongly preferred.
· Understanding of Blue Cross NC business, systems, and organization preferred (may be specific to Finance, Healthcare, Network Management, Sales and marketing, IS, and/or Operations based on determined need of team)
· Proven leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to manage goals through collaboration and teamwork.
· Ability to facilitate difficult conversations, build consensus and provide consultation expertise.
· Ability to create and communicate business cases as well as design and implement development programs.
· Proficient in stakeholder management, problem/issue resolution and cross-team collaboration
· Strong planning and portfolio management skills.
· Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and complex issues
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present information effectively to both internal and external audiences.
· Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to manage extensive amounts of complex information, connect and interrelate disparate ideas and thoughts, pay attention to detail, and work effectively with varying constituencies
· Strong understanding of logic and causal relationships and with some experience directing and conducting relevant research.
· Ability to work independently and effectively handle changing priorities.
· Excellent initiative and interpersonal skills
· Strong interpretation and translation skills – ability to understand technical / expert jargon and business needs and bridge communication gaps.
· Proficient in working in a Windows-based technical environment, including the ability to use all standard MS Office products, as well as experience working with intranet and internet applications.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.