Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr DevOps Engineer
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our already skilled team of experts. We want you to have a real passion for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture. You’ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team.
This work supports our IT Strategy, by increasing speed of delivery using modern automation and enabling continuous delivery. We will look for you to bring your experience scaling CI/CD pipelines across multiple applications and agile teams. To be successful in this position you need to be capable of defining best DevOps tools/methodologies and building an informed audience on how to leverage those tools and best practices.
We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take pride in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Independently perform the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and more complex IT solutions
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Evaluate options and make solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to development and production issues while effectively communicating to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of a relevant technical certification program.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years of experience required.
- Direct experience with at least one development language/technology (i.e. JAVA, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, .Net, OpenShift, etc).
- Experience collaborating effectively with vendors and business partners for solution delivery.
- Experience applying CI/CD concepts to Microsoft stack based applications. (NuGet, Web ASPX, Windows Scripting, PowerShell scripting)
- Experience creating a continuous delivery pipeline and automating the release management for software applications.
- Proven experience working with Kubernetes container tools (OpenShift, Docker)
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is also a plus.
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Proven experience of software-automation production systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Expertise in code deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef).
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Solid relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Solid problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies with a willingness to learn.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.