Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Divisional Portfolio Analyst, Healthcare
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
To actively analyze, manage, and provide tactical and strategic expertise to the portfolio(s) of strategic and/or more complex initiatives and projects. Lead the development of processes, standards, policies, and templates as necessary to support and provide thought leadership on the portfolio(s) management function.
Perform portfolio planning, analysis, resource (capacity and demand) forecasting and/or budget planning
- Track and trend estimates versus actual work efforts and maintain estimating models/templates for shared resources
- Prepare executive-level status reports and presentations regarding portfolio health and/or status
- Identify gaps in the capacity versus demand and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders
- Create and drive a consolidated resource forecast/demand process for divisional project work
- Engage the business during business case development for validation of projected costs, benefits, and impacts and monitor initiatives to ensure realized business value
- Ensure all projects and initiatives adhere to approved pillar/division governance processes and standards
- Develop collaboratively formal criteria for identifying, evaluating, prioritizing, selecting, approving, and sequencing the set of initiatives that form the planning portfolio
- Subject matter expert in portfolio planning tool responsible for maximizing use of the tool for portfolio planning processes
- Contribute to the development of project and program business cases to include financial modeling and forecasting
- Facilitate measurement of the business value of completed divisional projects/initiatives
- Develop, oversee and continuously improve the governance processes to formalize capture of the economic value of prioritized initiatives
- Support and enhance the financial certification process, review cost benefit analyses, and support the change control process
- Guide business areas in the development and confirmation of business value of new, identified opportunities with a focus on strategic alignment to Enterprise and Divisional goals and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in business analysis, program/project coordination or management, and/or resource planning
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of experience as stated above
- Knowledge of financial operating principles
- Master’s degree
- Relevant analytical experience demonstrated, including financial analysis experience
- Resource allocation experience
- Experience with project portfolio management tools
- Experience with project management methodology
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Suite, Visio, and Sharepoint
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate
- Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with business partners to assess and evaluate customer needs and develop effective business process improvement strategies
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional inter-divisional team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Budget management skills
- PMP or CAPM desirable
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Blue Cross NC does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specific position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Blue Cross NC from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Blue Cross NC and do not obligate Blue Cross NC to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.