Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Staff Attorney provides legal services and counsel to the Company on various legal matters including interpretation & application of laws and regulations, as well as contractual relations and liability matters.
This is a 1 year position.
- Advises and counsels middle levels of management on diverse issues of law that arise in the Company’s business operations; researches and prepares legal memoranda and opinions to apply technical legal knowledge to varying business situations and personnel issues; assists Company management with risk identification and management.
- Drafts, negotiates, and reviews legal agreements. Drafts and reviews correspondence and other documents on behalf of the Company.
- Assists the Company with assuring compliance with all law and regulations governing its business, including preparation and timely submission of mandated regulatory filings.
- Provides client training on timely and relevant legal issues.
- Researches, interprets, and advises on statutory and case law, administrative rules, and regulations. Monitors legislative and regulatory proposals, evaluates such proposals, and assists Company management with formulating the Company’s position of these matters.
- Assists in the response to administrative complaints and information requests and represents the Company in such matters. Assists in the negotiation of settlements of disputes and administrative complaints.
- Researches and prepares legal memoranda concerning unusual questions having limited precedent and involving developing areas of the law or novel questions.
- Prepares reasoned opinions on moderately complex legal questions, prepares or advises on unusual contracts or filings.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited law school
• 0-2 years of general legal experience or related experience in the Company or a similar setting
• Licensed to practice law in North Carolina or must obtain License within 1 year of employment
• Experience in health care industry is preferred
• Effective oral and written communication; strong problem solving skills; possesses knowledge of health care industry; ability to work well individually and as a team member
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.