Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Join us as we transform the healthcare industry in North Carolina and beyond. Are you ambitious, data driven, and able to establish relationships? Then this could be an excellent opportunity for you! We need someone that loves consulting with senior leaders to truly find opportunities to integrate ideas into their business unit.
We are seeking a Strategic Advisor to join our Strategic Consulting team. You would be responsible for engaging internal business leaders and external partners to build a vision, business plan and executional path for their critical initiatives.
We need you to work collaboratively to build coalition and support to facilitate critical action for our business partners. By developing and refining strategic plans and initiatives you will positively impact the management of today’s business while supporting efforts for the evolution towards an even better one.
What you will do:
- Support work with staff and senior leadership across the company to dedicatedly identify and prioritize strategic needs and craft significant and actionable outputs, drive the strategic development process to address these needs, and integrate and align work to strategic goals.
- Develop new ideas that tackle existing or emerging issues the business faces. Help prototype and evaluate those ideas to determine viability and opportunity for success and follow through to implementation as necessary.
- Support efforts with partner and/or vendor relationships to understand the value proposition and business case aligned to our business strategy, drive decision-making and collaborate with the business areas to implement
- Support the development and maintenance of partnerships to drive project/initiative work focused on business strategies, opportunities and innovation efforts.
- Assist with the consolidation of research, authorship of key findings, and communication of timely, periodic strategic intelligence reports to senior management and Blue Cross NC Board.
- Participate in critical activities such as planning, compliance, complex financial/qualitative analysis and thought leadership at a departmental, multi-function, and enterprise level.
- Develop relevant materials for leadership teams including memos, PowerPoint, etc.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience (or Master's and 2 years) in consulting, strategic development/ planning, business development, market/product development and/or general corporate affairs.
- Internal employees with at least 6 years of broad based health insurance/healthcare experience and direct, prior exposure to applicable strategy area will also be considered
- Some proven experience contributing to the analysis of a company’s needs and supporting the development of business strategies as well as serving as a liaison to business executives, internal and external and/or other outside advisors.
- Should have some previous experience identifying new opportunities, building products/programs/solutions and/or supporting change efforts.
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.