Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Responsible for accurate and complete accounting for wholly-owned subsidiaries and joint ventures. Produce GAAP financial statements monthly, quarterly, and annually. Prepare and present monthly financials and analyses to senior management. Support on-going Board and/or Finance Committee meetings and other ad-hoc requests. Responsible for coordinating external audits and preparing audited GAAP Financial statements and accompanying footnotes. Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions. Ensure and maintain effective internal controls environment for subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Design, recommend, implement, maintain and monitor financial accounting and reporting processes, policies and systems.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Perform reviews of journal entries to ensure accuracy and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to financial accounting and reporting processes and systems.
- Perform accounting policy research.
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls to support financial accounting and reporting.
- Prepare and review various account reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Manage external financial audits and prepare GAAP financial statements.
- Bachelors of Accounting, Finance or other relevant business degree
- 8 years experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Without a Bachelors, 10 years experience in financial accounting and reporting
- With Masters, 5 years in financial accounting and reporting
- Experience analyzing financial statements
Professional Certification - Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP including general ledger knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong PC skills (i.e. MS Office, etc)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of management
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care - in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.