Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Collections Agent
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the dependable Credit Associate will assist in completing work as directed by the Senior Credit Associate and Market Credit Manager. This translates to responsibility for set up, maintenance and collection of assigned accounts and coordinating with Operations to resolve credit and accounts receivable issues. This individual will manage all disputes and collections through eCredit, establish & monitor lien dates, maintain security on A/R accounts and respective job accounts, and set up new jobs accounts as needed.
- Reviews monthly aging to identify customers and/or jobs with credit or collection issues.
- Helps with day to day questions from other Credit Associates to resolve credit issues, past due accounts, back charges, and short.
- Helps with training of new associates as directed by the Market Credit Manager.
- Assist Manager’s and Outside Sales associates with credit issues (particularly resolution of past due balances).
- Make collection calls to all assigned accounts as required by the eCredit work queue.
- Daily monitoring of orders being released on past due accounts, and places and removes Sales Status of “No Sales Allowed”.
- Monitor lien dates to ensure timely filing of preliminary notices/liens as needed.
- Back up to other Credit Associates and Credit Administrative associates job duties.
- Approve New Credit applications and file updates within authority limit.
- Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Retain a high degree of confidentiality regarding the credit worthiness of customers and potential legal actions taken by the company.
- Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree in Finance or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to Credit Managers and Directors of Credit as needed.
- Ability to write reports, memos, and correspondence.
- Ability to supervise work of piers, give positive feedback and mentoring.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to utilize Excel in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- NACM Certification CBA or CBF preferred but not required.
- Requires use of tact to avoid unnecessary conflict in carrying out assignments, as well as exercising continuous judgment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Minimum Experience: 1 year or more in credit administration and accounts receivable.