Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineered Wood Products Designer
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the Structural Designer designs and completes layouts of residential roof and floor systems for pricing and manufacturing. This dedicated team member communicates plans, corrections, and changes before and during the process.
- Designs residential roof and floor systems and produces layouts.
- Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
- Prepares roof truss and truss joist floor layouts.
- Performs job site inspections.
- Produces materials list.
- Determines special notes to append to contracts.
- Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
- Assists in shipping department.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Minimum education required—AAS in civil, architectural or design related field, prefer Bachelor’s degree. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Special skills required—Proficient technical writing skills. Excellent communication skills.
- Special knowledge required—Reading and interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
- Other—PC Literate with Microsoft Office products, AUTO CAD, and other design programs that facilitate learning in-house program with ease, MITEK software knowledge a plus.
- Minimum experience required—1-year drafting experience in a construction or building materials-related industry.