Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Marketing Manager
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes to be BMC? Watch the video
Build a Career that Matters with BMC! Watch the video
At BMC, Product Marketing Manager will lead the next generation of product marketing for BMC. This includes enhancing the value proposition of READY-FRAME®, our computerized pre-cut framing component system, and helping grow our repair and remodel segment. This individual is a multi-dimensional discipline, and you have a multi-dimensional point of view to match. You are a strategic thinker and strong writer. You are invested in continual customer engagement and have a strong desire to broaden and deepen knowledge of building products and services. You arrive every day fully charged with sharp communication skills that equip you to develop messages and deliver marketing collateral that resonates with customers. Your sophisticated marketing ideas shape stellar design and execution of marketing campaigns.
What will you do?
You will define the future of BMC product marketing. You will create strategic programs and powerful content that make a measurable impact with out-of-the-box approaches. You will know our customers inside and out – how they make their buying decisions, what their business looks like today and what they want to accomplish in the future. And all your strategic insights will be backed by market research that you’ll use to craft positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels for success. You will create marketing content that will be distribute our key messages through multiple channels, including print, digital and social.
- RESEARCH & STRATEGY
- Work alongside BMC teams. Define our national product marketing vision and strategy and identify strategic market opportunities. Quickly immerse yourself in BMC's key product lines, target audiences and company culture.
- Be the market expert. Represent the voice of the market to our internal teams. Know our builders’ personas, buying behaviors and buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape. Constantly stay current on the competition. Own competitive product intelligence and analysis. Work closely with and support the brand and marketing teams in building a comprehensive customer persona that informs product development and positioning.
- PRODUCT MARKETING DEVELOPMENT
- Collaborate strategically. Work closely with our sales team, purchasing managers and marketing communications to craft product positioning and messaging that clearly resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and manage marketing plans. Support the retention and acquisition of customers by working in conjunction with our marketing team to build and manage key activities and budgets.
- Create compelling content. Write and edit engaging, on-brand copy for a variety of external assets across print, digital and social media mediums. Develop and assist in the creation and distribution of marketing materials and programs, including collateral and presentations, video production, promotional programs, new product launches, internet and intranet content and presentations.
- Be a thought leader. Generate original, forward-thinking external content and conversations for the products you support, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales team. Help our sales team solve our builders’ challenges by developing internal tools and external collateral. Then, train our sales reps on how and when to use them.
- Be nimble and focused. Manage an array of projects simultaneously by prioritizing tasks and milestones against project timelines.
- Cultivate strong partnerships. Strengthen and grow relationships with our product manufacturers by developing unified marketing programs to achieve mutual objectives and maximize return on investment. Manage BMC's Key Supplier Program.
- Manage and nurture relationships. Collaborate on a variety of marketing projects with multiple stakeholders and contributors, including graphic designers, videographers, operations, marketing and PR firms, promotional groups, graphic designers, printers and industry associations to ensure timely completion of projects.
- RESULTS MEASUREMENT
- Measure, evaluate and evolve. Continually assess the effectiveness of product marketing programs against established KPIs and emerging market trends. Report back to the business on required changes and best practices for improvement and growth.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Exceptional market analysis and ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is (or isn't) working.
- Strong public speaking skills, comfortable presenting in front of large senior groups and a solid writer.
- Familiar with CRM and marketing automation tools (e.g. Salesforce).
- Must present a portfolio showcasing published examples of short and long-form copy for a variety of mediums.
- Minimum Experience: 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research). 5+ years of experience writing, creating and managing marketing campaigns and collateral development.