Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President – Credit Services
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
Supervise and manage Credit Department activities and staff to maximize company sales initiatives while maintaining a sound A/R portfolio. Ensure policies and procedures facilitate appropriate controls and segregation of duties around billing, credit and cash application activities within a cost-effective organizational structure.
- Works with Senior Leadership, Credit Directors, Market Managers and Sales Managers to maximize credit sales while maintaining sound credit practices and adherence to company Credit Policy and regulatory legislation.
- Defines and implements key strategies on AR management, collections and customer relations as it pertains to credit.
- Develops and establishes corporate policies and procedures relative to the operational aspects of the company that impact credit quality.
- Oversees and ensures proper compliance of SOX controls within the Credit function and related activities (such as cash application and billing).
- Analyzes AR and agings across all markets and develops actionable direction as a result.
- Works with Division Credit Directors to identify accounts that require a specific bad debt reserve and ensures proper and timely reporting of bad debt write-off’s and reserves to the Finance Department.
- Works closely with Division Credit Directors to identify and write off bad debt accounts within company guidelines; maintains bad debt worksheet.
- Devises plan for slow paying customers and provides direction for credit terms.
- Works closely with legal department and outside agencies to ensure enforcement of delinquent accounts.
- Regularly reviews and provides actions on high balance accounts (>$1M) for creditworthiness and compliance to policy.
- Sets, analyzes, and implements monthly credit metrics to insure the highest level of productivity in collections and credit management.
- Develops organizational structure for the Credit Department, sets reporting and meeting cadence and holds regular Executive Credit Committee meetings.
- Performs personnel management functions that include hiring, terminating, maintaining discipline, administering performance reviews and wage changes, and ensuring compliance to Company policies and procedures.
- Coaches, leads and mentors all levels of credit staff within the company to develop talent for future growth and sets best practices throughout the organization.
- Sets objectives for Credit Department staff, reviews performance of same, and provides guidance where necessary to meet defined objectives.
- Prepares and presents annual budget for Credit Department.
- Identifies and implements new technologies and methods to increase credit staff efficiencies and cost structure.
- Works with Senior Management regarding credit matters and related initiatives.
- Participates in monthly reviews with Divisional VP’s and periodic reviews with Market Managers and Market Credit Managers, as needed.
- Meets routinely with Divisional VP’s, Divisional Finance Directors, market management and support staff to provide communications and support toward meeting company goals.
- Prepares and presents credit related issues to Executive Management, as required.
- Acts as an agent of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by Company management.
- Special skills required— Ability to work across multiple departments (credit, sales, finance, operations) and deal with (or prevent) tenuous, ambiguous and/or volatile situations while maintaining good long-term relationships
- Special knowledge required— Knowledgeable in regulatory requirements regarding issuance of credit and compliance matters.
- Must have demonstrated successful strategy execution
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent ability to work directly with customers
- Other—Good verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills and detail oriented. Computer literate.
- Minimum education required—Bachelor’s degree in finance or other related business field.
- Minimum experience required—12 or more years of experience in credit management and demonstrated experience leading a large group of associates. CCE credentials preferred