Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Development Scientist
at Burt's Bees
As a Process Development Engineer for Burt's Bees, you will work with a team of engineers and scientists located in Durham, North Carolina to deliver and maintain a robust pipeline of innovative personal care and cosmetic products for this fast paced, exciting and growing business. You will have a variety of assignments within the Burt's Bees Product Lab, Pilot Plant, and Manufacturing facility. This is a full time position, with the expectation that you will work 40 hours per week.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to develop, evaluate, and qualify new processes, equipment, and locations
- Collaborate with Packaging Team members to lead Manufacturing Readiness Planning and Execution as well as author Manufacturing Processes for manufacturer guidance
- Analyze and interpret data to meet project targets and objectives, and make recommendations that drive efficiency and manage risk
- Support efforts to improve upon manufacturing efficiencies of existing products
- Define and use SOPs, best practices, and test methods to ensure a robust and rigorous development process
- Identify and execute against opportunities to develop pilot equipment and lab capabilities
- 3 years process development
- Prefer experience in Natural Personal Care
Skills and Abilities:
- Confident self-starter, capable of working independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision and direction in a fast paced environment required
- Proven ability to learn quickly required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills required
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively required
- Preferred experience, knowledge, and/or interests include:
- Macro and micro emulsions
- Wax and/or polymer chemistry
- Thin liquid mixing
- Over the Counter Drug Monographs
- Tracking and understanding Personal Care and Beauty Category trends
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution required
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products -- from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
More about Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Professional services: Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute's 2018 Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America's Top Corporate Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list, the first sector-neutral Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018 and Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work list.
We also support our communities, and, in FY2018, contributed approx. $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing. The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.