Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Burt's Bees
The Procurement Specialist position will focus on buying inventory and non-inventory raw materials which may require major and lengthy product development lead times from single or limited sources of supply. The Specialist role will work with the production group to manage inventory, research and implement cost reduction strategies and opportunities to improve ongoing vendor relationships.
The role will review MRP needs, purchase critical items, and leverage external resources to deliver base business & innovation on schedule.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Utilize SAP MRP to analyze production needs and create purchase requisitions/orders.
- Work closely with the Scheduling Team, GSS, Quality Control, Materials Management, PLT, Change Management and Clorox Transportation to ensure timely delivery of materials and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Act as liaison between the plant and the raw material supplier to request documents and/or clarify discrepancies in raw material deliveries.
- Develop relationships with Supply Chain Leads, R&D, Enable Innovation, and Production Services to support new product trials, launches and changes to existing products to ensure availability.
- Schedule timely deliveries of materials to support production plans.
Years and Type of Experience:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 2 years' experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Procurement.
- 1 year of experience with a MRP (SAP) system
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- 5 years of Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Procurement
- BA/BS Degree or AA/AS Degree
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation, teamwork, as well as broad based project management skills are required.
- Analytical reasoning and creative thinking skills.
- Understanding of Lean production scheduling theories, or Pull techniques.
- Resourcefulness, thinking with good judgment, initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multiple tasks simultaneously, manage time efficiently and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of natural raw materials, market conditions, sources of supply, procurement laws and regulations.
More about Engineering & Operational Services
We lead the Engineering, Quality, Production Services, and Health, Safety & Environment functions for our product supply network. You'll help deploy common systems, processes and tools as well as provide technical support across Clorox.
More about Clorox
At Clorox (NYSE: CLX), we build brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, have busy personal lives and are all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes and workplaces. Make your mark and help us drive growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer and professional brands, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Clorox Healthcare® and CloroxPro™ Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts and included on CR Magazine's?2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list, Barron's 2019 100 Most Sustainable Companies list, the Human Rights Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index and the 2019 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, among others.
We also support our communities, ?contributing about?$20 million?in combined cash grants, product?donations?and cause marketing in?fiscal year?2018.?
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.