Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Logistics Analyst, Procurement in Garner, NC at Butterball
at Butterball, LLC
The logistics analyst is responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support logistics management across one or more of the following logistics functions: procurement, transportation or warehousing.
This associate logistics analyst, procurement role will support carrier sourcing, negotiation, and related projects at the direction of the Senior Buyer, Logistics Procurement. This position will also provide stakeholders in business units with accurate and market-based freight pricing and ensure that accurate freight rates are loaded in appropriate rating systems. Additionally, the role will build a firm understanding of the refrigerated truck markets within the position's scope of responsibility and use this understanding to communicate market insights, context, and knowledge to stakeholders within Butterball. This is a transportation carrier performance management and development role
- Support the execution of Butterball, LLC logistics strategy.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and reporting on tangible key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure performance and drive improvement.
- Under the direction of logistics management team determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Conduct analysis on key cost drivers and changes from month-to-month, year-to-year on logistics expenses.
- Execute appropriate RFI, RFP, RFQ and other formal supplier evaluation processes.
- Maintain databases and records in accordance with corporate policies and to ensure legal compliance.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes and procedures.
- Review standard operating procedures (SOPs) for logistics processes.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Develop subject matter expertise through external research, benchmarking, analyzing cost drivers, as well as professional development.
- Educate logistics team and business partners on service needs and cost reduction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years related experience in logistics and/or supply chain; experience analyzing and managing truckload transportation, either at a shipper, carrier or 3PL, a plus.
- Knowledge of truckload industry, major carriers, cost drivers, and best practices. Demonstrated ability to analyze data at the detail level and understand the high-level implication.
- Comfortable analyzing data and presenting findings and recommendations effectively in both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to prioritize and organize assignments to make efficient use of time with significant attention to detail.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment to meet demands with the ability to manages competing demands. Possesses the attitude and determination to stay focused on results and deadlines until the task or project is completed.
- Continuous improvement mindset with proven ability to improve processes. Previous exposure to Lean/Six Sigma principles, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively at all levels within the organization.
- Strong computer skills (Database, MS Office Suite) and experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) desired.