Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Brand Manager – Consumer Packaged Goods in Garner, NC at Butterball
at Butterball, LLC
The Brand Manager will be responsible for working with the Sr. Director of Marketing to develop, recommend and execute the core business strategies and plans for the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) business. This business is a significant growth area for the corporation and strategically important for the Butterball brand. It includes many of our value-added branded products like turkey bacon, turkey smoked sausage, frozen turkey burgers and fully cooked turkey breakfast sausage. Specific responsibilities include management of key marketing mix elements, defining and refining our product offering, identifying sales opportunities, developing fact-based selling stories using secondary and custom research as well as syndicated data, and leading multiple project teams concurrently. This role requires strong collaboration with cross-functional partners and strong business analysis skills.
- Develop, recommend, and implement annual marketing plans for Butterball brand, ensuring they contribute to corporate objectives—to maximize our profitability and grow our brands.
- Ensure all CPG products are designed to brand standard, consistently living up to the brand promise.
- Evaluate syndicated data monthly to predict trends, understand implication to strategies, and influence new product development. Lead and collaborate with R&D and other cross functional teams on the development of line extensions and continuous improvement of current items.
- Direct category management efforts in collaboration with Retail Insights to find opportunities and assess threats, supporting Butterball as a protein thought leader.
- Set the strategic direction via brief of activities including media planning, custom research, PR, packaging and promotions as it pertains to the CPG business segment within the overall brand positioning.
- Collaborate and align with other team members to ensure all category consumer communications are efficient and effective while fitting to the needs of the target and enhancing masterbrand communication plans.
- Evaluate creative and media against strategic direction provided by brief and manage execution.
- Foster relationship with business management and sales by:
- Preparing effective sales presentations
- Attending sales calls
- Enabling open dialog to enhance problem solving
- Analyze sales and financial reports in conjunction with Business Managers and Finance to identify customer issues/opportunities and to stay abreast of overall business health.
- Manage A&P budget, maximizing short term and long term business growth with strategic investments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strategic & critical thinking. The Brand Manager will have strategic thinking skills to advocate initiatives that align with corporate growth strategies and Butterball’s brand equities. He/she must be able to synthesize many separate pieces of information to draw conclusions relevant to the category and overall brand initiatives, making recommendations that drive new projects through the organization.
Financial acumen & analytics. He/she will have experience with P&L analysis and management. He/she must also have the ability to analyze data (experience with IRI, ShopperSights preferred) to draw conclusions and make recommendations. Strong Excel skills are required.
Presentation skills. He/she will have experience building professional presentations. He/she will attend sales calls and present directly to Butterball leadership and ownership. Strong PowerPoint skills are required.
Consumer research. He/she will have experience building consumer research projects and have familiarity with consumer research methodologies. He/she will have the ability to draw insightful conclusions from research and to translate learnings into successful new initiatives.
Budget management. He/she will have the competency to manage the consumer budget to wisely invest the funds, maximizing returns.
Influence and advocacy. He/she will be able to advocate new initiatives through the organization, achieving buy-in necessary to get full organizational support
Project leadership. He/she will have experience with project management and cross-functional leadership.
Creative evaluation. He/she will have experience evaluating creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate business degree required. MBA preferred.
- Four or more years of relevant experience required.