Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Talent Management in Garner, NC at Butterball
at Butterball, LLC
The director of talent management reports directly to the vice president of human resources and has the direct responsibility for the enhancement of Butterball’s infrastructure and practices for enterprise-wide talent management. Additionally, this role will provide development and leadership for the employee communications function and HR business partner support for corporate and sales functions.
This position provides leadership and vision to align our talent strategy with company goals and directs the successful implementation of initiatives necessary to drive our long-term performance. This highly collaborative position works cross-functionally across the organization and plays a key role in creating a consistent, compelling employee experience and internal communications strategy to differentiate our employer brand.
- Provide leadership and support for the learning and development department, HR business partner support for corporate office and remote sales team members and support for internal communications.
- Collaborate with HR peers to develop and lead a cohesive strategic vision in alignment with the organization’s short- and long-term goals and fosters a culture of continuous improvement through employee development and organizational learning.
- Develop strategies, design processes and lead talent management practices including workforce and succession planning, performance coaching, employee engagement, internal communications and development and executive coaching.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement goal setting and performance management.
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders and across HR to develop talent management plans and programs that address both current and future business needs by building, implementing and managing workforce plans and succession strategies.
- Oversee performance coaching practices and ensure our company-wide performance approach effectively supports business strategies, company values and our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Design effective engagement strategies with a focus on retention of high performers, high potentials and key contributors at all levels, for front-line to executive level employees.
- Partner with HR operations and business partners to design and implement effective analytics and metrics to influence program direction, monitor business impact and ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Be the resident expert and advisor on external talent strategy trends, innovations and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A proven track record of success leading and enhancing talent management strategies; ability to innovate and challenge norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels
- 10 to 15 years of progressive leadership, knowledge and experience; proven and demonstrated record of success in the development and progression of employees
- Demonstrated ability to blend previous experiences and make data driven, fact-based decisions relevant to the current situation and business needs; and have the skills and ability to work at the strategic level and then translate those ideas into tactical actions
- The ability to manage and influence at all levels and sizes including but not limited to driving a spirit of continuous improvement and open thinking
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary and know when to share information that others need to know
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to all parts of the organization and our external customers and partners.Must be able to facilitate meetings onsite and remotely
- Practical experience providing formal and informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership, but particularly in change management and performance effectiveness at the individual, team and organizational levels
- Large scale project management experience; strong project planning and management skills; able to manage multiple key projects simultaneously (familiarity with SAP a plus).
Education and Experience
- 12+ years of talent management and organizational strategy and execution experience, leading culture and system change, succession and workforce planning, learning and career development, employee communications, evolved performance management processes and career development in organizations of relevant scale
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent industry experience; master’s degree or MBA preferred