Capital Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Auto Body Technician
at Capital Automotive Group
Responsible for identifying and performing necessary body repair work in accordance with factory and Collision Center specifications. Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time.
Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair.
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with employer’s and factory standards for multi lines of vehicles.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
- Road-test vehicle as needed, to ensure quality repair work was completed.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with office staff regarding the status of the assigned work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions staying abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Work on assigned vehicles as designated by management.
- Use all materials in an efficient manner so as not to exceed materials cost
- Use and maintain all equipment in a safe and judicious manner as defined by management.
- Maintain workstation in a clean and efficiently organized manner as defined by management
- Adhere to all health regulations and utilize all safety equipment as defined by management.
- Adhere to all safety rules in dealing with hazardous materials as defined by management.
- Provide and maintain all usual and customary bodywork tools in the body shop
- Be ready to work during all production hours of the shop, as determined by management.
- Stay current on appropriate I-Car training as it pertains to the specifics of the job.
- Performs warranty and/or re-do work at no cost.
- Must be at least 18 years of
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Two years of autobody technical training at an accredited autobody or trade school, OR a min Must have experience using standard autobody shop equipment.
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required.
- Minimum of two years of technical experience in an autobody repair shop.
- I-Car accreditations preferred.
- Should be proficient in frame and unibody repairs and have working knowledge of electronic measuring.
- Ability to properly complete frame repairs, including structural work
- Must understand and practice proper manufacturer’s repair procedures
- 2-5+ years of auto body frame repair experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under Capitals insurance policy Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Above average quality focus
- High production capabilities
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Function as member of the team.
- Other duties as assigned