Carolina Sunrock LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager - Aggregate Quality Control
at Carolina Sunrock LLC
The Assistant Manager Concrete Quality Control is primarily responsible for reviewing and analyzing concrete quality data, taking preventative action to reduce quality problems, and reviewing specifications and submitting the necessary specifications for prospective projects. The position works with the Manager Quality Control, Sales Manager, Manager Concrete Dispatch, and Concrete and Asphalt Operations Management to ensure that appropriate testing is conducted, assuring the company delivers on the promises it makes to customers. This role supervises, manages, and directs the selection, training, development, and appraisal of work assignments of direct reports including Senior Field Service Representatives, Field Service Representatives, Concrete Quality Control, and Concrete Lab Technicians. Typical hours are Monday to Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm. Depending on work load, overtime, night shifts, and weekends may be required. The incumbent must practice absolute confidentiality. Good judgment and common sense is required in all duties and any other tasks as assigned and directed by Manager Quality Control. Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) may be required. This job description provides an overview of responsibilities and task to be performed. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description as needs tend to change over time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Aptitude to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to prioritize task, handle multiple task simultaneously, handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, organizes and delegates assignments.Physical Demands
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training required. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current North Carolina Driver’s License required
- Ability to obtain NCDOT Concrete Field Technician, NCDOT Concrete Batch Technician, NCDOT Concrete Mix Design Technician, ACI Field Technician, and NCDOT aggregate testing and sampling.
- NCDOT Asphalt Level I or Level II and NCDOT Asphalt Mix Design Technician preferred.