Carolina Sunrock LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic IV : $2K Relocation
at Carolina Sunrock LLC
Carolina Sunrock prides itself on being a privately held, family owned construction materials supplier that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer our customers a one-stop shopping experience by producing aggregates, recycled aggregates, hot mix asphalt and ready mix concrete at our quarries and production facilities located in the Raleigh, Durham, NC areas. We strive to have superior relationships with our customers, employees, vendors and communities in which we operate.
- The Mechanic IV will repair, maintain, and assemble diesel and gasoline powered mobile equipment.
- The role will work under general supervision where routine duties are performed with minimal supervision.
- Standard practices or procedures allow the employee to proceed alone at routine work. There is an occasional check of work while in progress and work is reviewed upon completion.
- Typical work hours are Monday to Saturday from 5:00 am – 6:00 pm or the evening anywhere from 5:00 pm – 6:00 am.
- Frequent over-time is required in this position.
- Good judgment and common sense is required in all duties and any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Shop and/or Fleet Manager.
This job description provides an overview of responsibilities and task to be performed. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description as needs tend to change over time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation. Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (i.e., rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.) The noise level in the work environment of this job is very loud.
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and interpret documents, in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have intermediate knowledge obtained through training or work experience.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to utilize maintenance and inventory software and perform data input and retrieval.
- Must be able to have intermediate knowledge of diagnostic procedures utilizing manufacturers’ software and hardware to gauge machine health and its relationship to a condition monitoring program.
- Must be able to have full understanding of preventive maintenance and inspection procedures including a basic knowledge of filtration, fluids and analysis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- May perform the simple parts of the tasks without direct supervision and instruction.
- Must be able to have intermediate knowledge of the task (name parts, tools, operating concepts and facts.)
- Must have intermediate knowledge of the subject by being able to identify facts and terms about the subject.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Certificate or Degree program from a two (2) year college or technical school preferred.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training required.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Mechanic of diesel and gasoline powered mobile equipment: 5 years
- Current North Carolina Driver’s License
- Local, home everyday
- Paid weekly-competitive pay
- Paid orientation and OJT (on the job training)
- 2 weeks of PTO (paid time off), plus 8 paid holidays
- Medical insurance: Company provided dental and life insurances & other voluntary supplemental insurances
- 401K with company matching
- Growth opportunity
For questions, please call 1-855-OUR ROCK
Carolina Sunrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, citizen status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.