Cherry Bekaert LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Manager - Raleigh
at Cherry Bekaert LLP
Want a challenging and rewarding career? We are seeking a Tax Manager for our Practice in Raleigh/Durham.
As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the successful training and development of less-experienced professional staff. Our firm is growing and we seek a highly motivated individual who wants a firm that offers career advancement, not just a job.
In this role the you will manage the client’s tax compliance needs, anticipate tax and business issues, and also recognize tax planning opportunities. The candidate will also be responsible for the successful training and development of less-experienced professional staff. We offer endless growth potential without having to relocate and the opportunity to join an energetic and talented firm culture.
- Solving problems!
- Building and servicing our partnerships and high net-worth individuals with estate, gift and trust tax planning and compliance needs
- Leveraging your project management, analytical, interpersonal, and communication abilities
- Leading and developing Tax Staff and Seniors in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrating superior client service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Masters preferred
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience in public accounting with a minimum of 2 years' of managerial experience
- Requires strong background and understanding of C and S Corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA, and/or Engagement is a plus
- Demonstrated background working with pass through entity taxation, particularly with partnerships
- Preferred partnership experience includes entity structuring, operating agreement review and consultation, compliance, allocations, partner transactions and related matters
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning as well as estate tax compliance and planning are a plus
What Can We Offer You?
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Opportunity to focus your career in specialty taxes
- Extensive training
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and for our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.