Cherry Bekaert LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Senior Accountant - Credits and Accounting Methods
at Cherry Bekaert LLP
Cherry Bekaert has been proudly providing Accounting and Advisory services to our clients for over 71 years. As a Tax Senior in our Credits and Accounting Methods (“C/AM”) Practice located in our Raleigh office, you can help us continue our success.
The C/AM Practice is comprised of a diverse group of tax professionals with numerous years of experience, who help clients with expert tax planning. The group offers unparalleled knowledge and service in the area of tax credits and accounting methods and helps companies identify and realize value-added opportunities.
What does your day look like?
- Research and Development (“R&D”) Tax Credits
- Accounting Methods
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Fixed Asset Review Analysis
- Historic Tax Credits
- Section 199A Deduction
- Energy Credits and Deductions
You will have lots of contact with outstanding middle market clients in a variety of industries including technology and life sciences, real estate and construction, manufacturing, and distribution.
What your day looks like:
- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including R&D tax credit/deduction analyses, Section 199 deduction engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Developing your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues.
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities.
- Managing the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis.
- Supporting engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement.
- Serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
- Leading the assembly of the final client deliverables.
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field. A CPA, MST, MAcc, LLM or JD is desired. Must be CPA eligible.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in core federal tax compliance.
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives and/or experience with Section 199. Prior experience reviewing Form 3115 is desired.
- Experience with uniform capitalization (UNICAP); tangible property regulations; depreciation and capitalization; fixed asset review; cost segregation; software development costs; transaction costs; deferred revenue; and advanced payments is desired.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and have strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to meet with clients.
What Can We Offer You?
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Opportunity to focus your career in specialty taxes
- Extensive training
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and for our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.