Cherry Bekaert LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Staff Accountant - Credits and Accounting Methods
at Cherry Bekaert LLP
Cherry Bekaert has been proudly providing Elite Accounting and Advisory services to our clients for over 70 years. We are seeking a Tax Staff Accountant in our Federal Credits & Accounting Methods tax group for our Raleigh office. In this role you will help to contribute to the growth of the practice by providing high-quality, professional client service and technical expertise to Federal Credits clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the nation’s 25th largest CPA firm that offers excellent training, development, and professional growth. You will have lots of contact with outstanding middle market clients in a variety of industries.
What your day looks like:
- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including R&D tax credit/deduction analyses, Section 199 deduction engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Developing your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues.
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities.
- Managing the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis.
- Supporting engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement.
- Serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
- Leading the assembly of the final client deliverables.
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Must be CPA eligible.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in core federal tax compliance.
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives and/or experience with Section 199. Prior experience reviewing Form 3115 is desired.
- Experience with uniform capitalization (UNICAP); tangible property regulations; depreciation and capitalization; fixed asset review; cost segregation; software development costs; transaction costs; deferred revenue; and advanced payments is desired.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and have strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to meet with clients.
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.