City of Durham, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Durham, NC
Pay: $14 to $15.76/hour
$14 - $15.76
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2505738
Overall Job Objective
- Position Description
- Work. Serve. Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
We do fun at Durham Parks and Recreation. Our nationally accredited department helps residents discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging recreation that improves their physical, emotional and social health. Our passionate, qualified, energetic, and committed staff bring a wide range of skills, trades and professional interests to this work. If you have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and a passion for customer service, come join in the fun!
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Duration: Durham Public School Year
Work Days/Hours: Varies Shifts / Monday - Friday
Approx. 15 hours/week between 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
This is chauffeur related work in operation of a passenger bus. Work involves providing and ensuring periodic maintenance and proper operation of the Departments wheelchair lift bus or large passenger buses; driving to and from program site - may run multi-load shuttle and wait for patrons at program; and may be asked to fill in for van driver on an as needed basis. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Makes and follows established routes.use of tact and interpersonal skills with patrons.
- Makes safe and appropriate use of vehicles in accordance with City policies and traffic regulations.
- Ensures the safe loading, travel, and unloading of passengers which may include loading/unloading passengers with disabilities.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 3 years driving experience including one (1) year operating vehicles requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) (i.e., activity, school bus, truck, etc.).
- Valid North Carolina Class "B" CDL driver's license with Passenger Endorsement.
- Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of Durham street locations.
- Experience transporting youth ages 6-12.