City of Durham, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Field Inspector
at City of Durham, NC
- Position Description
Work, Serve, Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
The City-County Inspections Department helps Durham achieve its vision for a superior built environment by facilitating our customers' achievements. We strive to continually exceed customer service expectations while being a resource for N.C. code compliance success. This takes highly qualified staff with a passion for working in partnership and service with the community. If delivering quality customer service while advancing professionally interests you, join our team!
Hiring Range: $50,407.50 - $61,551 (depending on prequalification from the Department of Insurance).
Candidates already possessing a Building Standard Level III Certification will start at $61,551. Candidates will need to obtain confirmation of the qualification level of certification by the Department of Insurance prior to interviewing for this position.
Please contact the North Carolina Department of Insurance, Code Officials Qualification Board at 919-647-0000 to obtain the level of certification you will be eligible to receive once employed by a jurisdiction.
To enforce state and local Electrical Codes, local ordinances, and general statues. This is accomplished by performing field inspections; reviewing electrical application submittals; reviewing plans; traveling to job sites, interacting with homeowners; maintaining documentation; and monitoring active projects. Other duties include enforcing safety precautions, and attending project meetings.
- Oversees jobsite inspections by traveling to job sites; performing electrical inspections; reviewing sites for safety regulations; and interacting with contractors and homeowners.
- Schedules daily inspections through phone messages, on-line requests, or requests through the IVR phone system, scheduling appointments, and reviewing daily assigned inspections.
- Provides documentation by entering information into the computer and returning phone calls.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Three or more years of related experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of code enforcement
- Must possess a valid North Carolina Class "C" Driver's License
- Ability to obtain an Electrical Probationary Level Ill Certification at the time of hire
- Position requires 6 Hours of Continuing Education Units each year.
- Must be a Sworn Official of the City-County within the first month of hire.
- Additional Preferred Skills
This Agency Seeks Diversity in the Workplace.